Skip to content

Contact Us

Get in Touch

Contact Us

Contact HSH Solicitors in Romford today!

HSH Solicitors, 98-102 North Street, Romford, Essex, RM1 1DA

01708 773 360


01708 727 685
Please note that we will no longer be operating the DX service with effect from 1.5.20

Job Vacancies:
Part time fee earner with wills & probate experience
Part time legal secretary
Please contact for details

Opening Times

9:00 to 17:00 Monday
9:00 to 17:00 Tuesday
9:00 to 17:00 Wednesday
9:00 to 17:00 Thursday
9:00 to 17:00 Friday
9:30 to 12:00 Saturday

Covid-19 – Coronavirus

To protect both the staff and clients of this firm, we would ask that if you have either been in contact with someone who has or is suspected of having the Covid-19 virus; you have returned from a high-risk area for Covid-19 infections, you are feeling unwell with a cough, difficulty breathing or fever, please do not attend the office.

Please contact us to rearrange your appointment and refrain from attending the office for both the period of you feeling unwell and during the appropriate isolation period.

Our complaints policy

We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it.  This will help us to improve our standards.

Our complaints procedure

If you have a complaint, please contact Ms. Heptinstall, our Client Care Partner.  If we have to change any of the responsibilities or the timescales set out below, we will let you know and explain why.

In certain circumstances, dependent on the complexities of the complaint, the firm may outsource the complaint to an independent third party company who specialise in dealing with legal complaints – CRCS Legal.  In those circumstances, Ms Barbara Spoor will deal with the complaint on behalf of the firm.

What will happen next?

1. Within seven days, we will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain any details.  If it seems appropriate, we will suggest a meeting at this stage.  We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint.

2. We will then record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint.  We will also investigate your complaint by examining the relevant file.

3. Ms. Heptinstall or the firm’s Complaint Handling outsourced company, CRCS Legal, will contact you either in writing by email or telephone to discuss your concerns.  You will be able to provide any further comments, ask for details and what you would like to resolve your complaint.  This will happen within 14 days of the initial acknowledgement of the complaint.  If you would prefer a face to face meeting to discuss any concerns you have, this can be arranged.

4. Ms Heptinstall or Ms Barbara Spoor will then review your file, speaking to any member of staff if it is necessary to address the concerns within 14 working days of initial contact with you.

5. Ms Heptinstall or Ms Spoor will write to you setting out her views of your complaints and making any proposals for resolution of your complaint within seven working days of review of your file.  You will be asked to provide any further comments and reconsider any resolution that is being proposed.

6. If you provide any further comments, Ms Heptinstall or Ms Spoor will address these within seven working days of receipt of any further comments.

7. If you still remain unhappy, you can raise your concerns with The Legal Ombudsman, whose contact details are as follows:

Legal Ombudsman

PO Box 6806



Referral must be made to The Legal Ombudsman within six months of the date of the letter confirming the investigation has come to an end and your file is closed in relation to the complaint that has been dealt with.  In any event, you must raise the formal complaint within six years of the incident giving rise to the complaint.  If your complaint relates to an incident prior to this date you must raise the issues within three years of when you reasonably should have known you had a complaint.

8. In addition, subsequent to implementation of the EU ADR Directive, we are obliged to provide you with details of an Alternative Dispute Resolution approved body which the firm have chosen as ProMediate.  Further information regarding ADR and in particular the EU ADR Directive can be found at Alternative complaints bodies such as ProMediate exist, which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services.

However, both you and the firm are required to confirm our wish to use such a scheme.  At this stage, we would indicate that this firm do NOT intend to use the ProMediate scheme for complaints handling.